Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Minneapolis


I am really starting to love this city. On Friday night, since there is no Bible Study, no Praise and Worship to do, I decided to walk around downtown Minneapolis. It was beautiful. The building light up, the air crisp and cool, and the people are nice. My favorite part of the night was when I saw a girl leaving a club. She walked out of the club at 10:30 pm and strapped on her helmet, jumped on her bike, excuse me, bicycle, and ride into the night. Oh, I forgot that she was wearing some red heels too. Who does that? That is something I expect in Nebraska but not in Minneapolis. I laughed so hard I almost got in an accident.
Minneapolis is a really beautiful city. There is a 40% population of Muslims in the city. I thought that was funny...Sometimes we ask God to reach the nations and he puts them right in front of us. We just have to speak up.

6 comments:

God is good! said...

Hahahaha that is soooo funny...she left the club and jumped on a bike with heels on...omg! If i was there and seen that i would pee in my pants from laughing so hard...hahaha i could just picture her riding away all hard...hahaha oh i love it!

Gen said...

oooh red heels...she's styling now! woohoo pictures pictures pictures! finally Oatie I was all waiting to see where you are living. But praise God that you are enjoying yourself over there and it's so true...we need to start witnessing to those who are already around us!

krissamartinez said...

hahaha. i LOVE that story. you know why?

that's what i do when i go to club scribbles. hahahaha.

miss your craziness!!

Rubyellen said...

I AM JACK!!!

Rubyellen said...

but without the DUI...

Eleazar & Heather said...

I'm glad that you are getting acclimated to your surroundings...it is always an adventure to walk around a new place and just soak up the air. I hope that sometime soon Heather and I can visit you . We definitely would enjoy a tour of your new home. We'll see how it goes.~brown