Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Lonliness

This is where the true challenge awaits me. No more Mike. No more Lou. Just the quietness of the room and the loudness of my own thoughts questioning if I'm going to make it out here. I've never felt alone like I do right now. I can hear each step shake the whole 3rd floor of the building that used to be drowned out by the laughs and giggles of Mike and Lou. My heart plummeted as I dropped them off at the airport. My eyes watered when I saw the text that they were okay to go on the flight. Selfishly I didn't want it to work out but for them to catch a later flight. This is by far the hardest thing I ever have done in my life. I don't know anyone and I don't know what to do for the next few days out here by myself with no work, no church...nothing...nothing.

8 comments:

jOi-C said...

hey yek! i didn't you left cali...that's exciting to see God do crazy stuff with you huh?? sorry you're lonely, need me to send 'purple monkey'?? heeh i'm sure he'd love to keep you company! miss ya! my boys are huge now so you need to come visit florida again...

Rubyellen said...

Your best friend family misses you too!!! But welcome to the blogspot family...yeah!!! We can still know what is going on with you!!!

Anonymous said...

oh yek, i miss you! i'm watching tyrese movies for you...

Gen said...

oH YEK - how exciting it is for you on this new adventure. I know for myself I always wanted to do what you did but because I'm a big fat chicken it never happened and then I got married. But praise God you know you'll be able to see His glory more as you lean on Him and trust in Him alone! I'm praying for you!

Jasmine San said...

Hey yek,
ur cry of lonliness is heard. first of all know and trust that our God is near and listening to ur every thoughts and crys. May ur heart not grow weary nor discouraged but find ur rest in HIM and don't stop until u find refuge in Him alone. Praying and missing u yek.

Eleazar & Heather said...

miss you too...

(heather)

Unknown said...

Yek,
You are missed by many and encouraged by all. May the Lord open doors for you. Some people never take an opportunity like this it shows courage and inspiration to others.
Don't feel so blue...I'll send you a copy of my drivers license picture for a good laugh ( even though I liked my hair)..don't you dare show anyone the picture :-)

The Zaportezas said...

hi yek! we know how hard it is to be alone in a new city. but we know you'll get through it and we can't wait to hear what God has in store for you.