Monday, September 10, 2007

First Week

This is my first blog. People try to sound all sophisticated on this stuff but that just wouldn't be me. not that I'm all dumb but...you know.

God sent me here to learn and absorb from Bethlehem Baptist Church. O what a joy it has been only on my first Sunday! God is working in me and I now have more visions for the church. I prayed with Piper and I was nervous. It's Piper; the man who has taught me so much about loving the Lord and not wasting my life! If it were not for this man and his insight then I wouldn't be here studying to preach the word. He prayed for me adjusting here and getting used to the weather which I'm very scared of.

Last night, I cried. Out of nowhere. I started thinking about Elijah and how much I missed him and I cried. I am so scared that he will run away from me when I try to carry him and turn his body the other direction when I try to carry him. It hurts to think that I can take him from anyone now but in a few months he will not care who I am. I am getting watery eyed just thinking about it. O the sacrifices one must make to serve the Lord.

I love you Elijah as if you are my son. I know you can't read but one day you will and you will know that uncle loves you more than you'll ever know.

1 comment:

God is good! said...

Reading about you and how much you miss Elijah makes me sad. I'm sure he will not forget you...your his crazy uncle that nobody could forget. I'll tell Elijah that you love him and miss him...even though he does not understand yet.