Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Answered prayer

I am almost over my sickness and colds. There is but a remnant of mucus left (pretty nasty, huh). I have been trying really hard to pray and not pray aimlessly but to see the Lord's faithfulness in answering them. I have been praying for my cold to go away and the Lord has slowly helped me recover. Today was my first day back in the gym. I am so thankful for the gym and how it releases stress for me. It helps me put away for a while how much I miss you all back home and how I wish I were there with you.

For those of you that will actually pray for me, here's some things that I have been lifting to the Lord and I pray that you will join me in...

1. Diligence in studying and reading the word.

2. That prayer becomes as much apart of me as breathing

3. Another job. Not that I don't like where I am but I want to get into a job that I can have during the program.

4. Getting into the program. My first interview is on Jan 14th (happy birfday, Neen!)

5. My struggle with loneliness and being away from my Family and y'all.

Thank you to those of you that read this and actually comment back. I really do get excited when I have comments. If you do read this please pray for these things because I want to see the Lord's faithfulness and the joy that I will receive from Him. Love y'all.

8 comments:

God is good! said...

Yay! Praise God for answering your prayers...with your sickness. Thats pretty nasty...mucus...yuk! BUT I shall pray for you my friend...(sweet)...about time you put up some prayer request...gezzz! j/k. I hope you are excited...hahah you said it. Will pray for you and let me know when God answers our prayers...the ones that are actually praying for you. Talk to you later =)

PJ Tibayan said...

I'll pray for you brad. Pray for me to find an apartment and for Elijah to come safely and soon.

Eleazar & Heather said...

Hey friend. Expect your Christmas present sometime next week. It just a little something we saw and thought of you while flea market shopping with Ruby.I would send it sooner but I am currently on house arrest, cant find my drivers license.
It was such a surprise to see you at the wedding. I was all sad that you weren't coming... ask El. Sorry we had the wrong address for our little help*, thanks G :).I'll send it anyway with your Christmas present to your real address.
So when IS a good time to visit Minnesota. I think we both know Heather can't hang with 3 below. I'd be a Popsicle!!! Yet we still plan on moving to Chicago in two years so maybe should start prepping anyway huh.
Yek is the ski mask thing just you or does everyone do that because I think that would be a bit of a scary sight to see just walking around everywhere.
Married life is fun you should try it sometime :). We been super busy, haven't really been able to slow down and just enjoy it. For us the holiday season was wedding, honeymoon, Christmas, Family time, Work, more family from out of town, work and that brings of to the present.
How do you get "into" the program is it an interview. Are you at stressed that you won't get in? Was just thinking about you today and thought I'd drop you a little a note.

Rubyellen said...

Dude tone-ster... Of course, i will pray for you. and like the nepo said before... i know your christmas gift and it is perfect for you!!! we are sad we didn't see you at christmas, but we love you much...

your favorite friend,
JACK

My name is Frances said...

We will pray for you. Hey we like when we get comments...comment us too stinky! Yeah I have your interview on my calender...scary, j/k. Just slip them some In-N-Out gift cards ;)

You and Ruby are silly...you are Curtis (haha, I beat you up) and Ruby is Kim b/c Ben is Miguel (hahaha dumb jump kick).

My name is Frances said...

Let us know how your interview went asap! Loser!
-ft

Gen said...

hey birthday buddy, can't believe it's our birthday and you finally a quarter of a century - you can rent cars now...hee hee. Well i'll continue to pray for you and remember I'm always a phone call away well unless the little one is crying up a storm and i can't get to my phone. well look for a lovely letter from me soon...oh very soon ! hee hee

helen said...

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i'm praying for you, lovely friend!!!!!!!!!!!! miss you- yes i do!