Monday, November 19, 2007

Poppa and Me

I have the best dad in the whole world! I'm sure many of you think that but I really do. Maybe PJ has a close competitor but man, is my Dad awesome! I wish I could describe to you the weekend that we just had. here's my attempt: never mind, I don't have time to write a story. Here are some highlights:

He flew out on Friday morning and arrived here in Minneapolis at 6 in the morning. I was up at five and slept at three because I was so excited for his coming. It was freezing cold when he got here and as soon he stepped out of the airport he rushed back inside. It was about 28 degrees at the time.


We walked around the sculpture garden...
Yes, its a giant spoon with a cherry on it.

My Daddy cooked Adobo for me...
He also cooked breakfast on Sunday and Monday morning. He would wake me up, "Yek, eat. The food is ready." I can't tell you how awesome that is to have again. I cleaned up and put all the dishes in the sink and started to get ready for church and when I got out of the shower he was washing the dishes.

I miss my Dad so much already. During Greek class I started to get teary-eyed because I was thinking I'm losing my family again. The teary eyes became a waterfall when I had to walk away from the terminal. It was time for him to get on the plane and I lost it. We were praying and I started crying and then he prayed and then he started crying. When he said in his shaky voice "I love you, son" I was ready to buy a ticket and come home. I turned back as I was walking away and saw him still watching me walk and I started to feel the loneliness again. It was if someone hit the reset button and I had to start all over again in dealing with the loneliness. I sat in the car and cried so hard. I just started praying and thanking God for the grace.

I praise God for my dad! My dad does a great job of displaying the love of God to his children. When I hurt, I know my dad hurts and when I cried, he cried. I can't wait to see him again. This was definitely an unforgettable weekend for me because God revealed to me that he has blessed me so much with a family like mine and a leader of the family who loves me with the love of Christ. I love my Dad.

9 comments:

PJ Tibayan said...

Thanks for posting this. I was blessed. Are you going to put up more pictures? I'm praying for you brother.

Rubyellen said...

I will pray for you too!!! and we better see you soon! Dude, I didn't know Tony was a cry baby... love ya from your best friend family!!!

Gen said...

oooh adobe...love it. praying for you oatie.

Aura said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Aura said...

I'm glad that you and your dad had a great time together during his visit. Just hang in there Yek. I know you know that God has a purpose why he brought you to MN. Stay warm bro, and I will keep praying for you. Pray for me too, for God's leading in my life. Miss yah!

God is good! said...

Praise God for giving you an awesome dad and having fun while he was out there. I will continue praying for you...hang in there because Gods plans are far more better than our plans...yeah i know you would have liked to get a ticket and come home, but God has you out there for a reason and only He knows why. Praying for you!!

lolapearl said...

hey eric: now that didn't seem like the eric i know....we miss you too. when time permits, go down south towards the corn belt and see the wonders of the columbines and cornfields....tell me when and i'll go with you .iowa was my state and the twin cities was where we spent our senior trip!!!!back in 1965!!....'later, yek!!take care...

lolapearl said...

oopps...i meant combines...and the corn elevators....blizzards too, every now and then...

Yes...it means girl said...

Yek! I was definitely blessed to read this..thanks! Yek, i really miss you! Praise God you a great time of sweet fellowship with your dad. Did you kiss him on the neck like I asked you to? hahah...

Miss you! What am I talking about..

I hate you!