Monday, September 29, 2008

The JLA (Jen, Lou, Art) Visit to Minneapolis

I am almost convinced that I don't want visitors here in Minnesota. It's emotionally easier when I visit over there. I think if anyone I know visits me here it will end with me in tears. I was weeping for Joy when my Jennifer, Lou, and Art left today. I was amazed at the love of God that he would give such great friends. It is such a blessing to laugh like I used to when I was back home. I didn't wash my dishes once because these guys were all over it. I miss them already. I can still hear their voices around here, but it's only in my head. I got home after dropping them off and the room was totally silent. I can't stand that. God used my friends to show me the glory in his Love. In return, I worshiped him all the more!

Anyway, here are some pictures of the homies and our grace-filled weekend:


This was @ the scruptuous Famous Dave's in the Mall of America

Us waiting in the front of the line for the doors of the conference to open.

Walking around the city on our Lunch break.


(what is Art looking at?)


On Sunday evening we went out and watched an awesome concert at the Varsity Theater

At the conference, we also saw Pastor Alex and Tita Carol! That was blessing too because I don't think that I have seen them for the past year or so. Anyway, all this to say I had a great time this weekend.


3 comments:

God is good! said...

Praise God indeed...it was a blessing being there this weekend. I was blessed tremendously! I miss you and love you and Lord willing see you in 2 1/2 months when you come out here. Did you read my "letter"?

Rubyellen said...

praise God for friends. He uses them to grow us, sharpen us and make us laugh really hard... come on! you know i am the funniest!!!

Gen said...

Did jennifer go to the conference as well? if not what did she do while you were there...sleep?